Friday, August 14, 2009

Our Babbling Brook



In the past few months Ryan and I have been treated to a barrage of baby babbles while Lacy learns to communicate with us. In the past two weeks Lacy's vocabulary has turned from baby gibberish to actual words that make sense in any given situation. She is very willing to repeat words that we say. She is very vocal with her "Mama's" and "Dada's." Her latest words: flower, car, fish, wires (?), all done, no, bye bye, elmo, book, box, show, snack, and airplane.

Additionally, we have finally dropped the night time bottle which went much smoother than I had anticipated, so we are now officially bottle free! Life with a toddler definitely requires much less equipment, which I certainly appreciate considering the minimal square footage that we continue to deal with here in 'tinier house'.

I am continually amazed at how quickly she is able to learn and my most favorite new 'trick' is how willing she is to blow kisses. She blows me kisses continually throughout the day and has now taken to blowing kisses to Dada every morning as he heads out to work. Adorable. Could I love this child any more? I think not.

2 comments:

Dad said...

has she got Bumpa down yet?!!!

The Taylor Three said...

Dad, she does say Bumpa! I forgot to mention that.