Monday, June 29, 2009

The Beginning Of The End?

After much deliberation, I made the final decision to become a stay at home mommy. Now, before I get ahead of myself, I don't have an exact date of when this will happen, but I do know that at the very latest it will be early next year with the earliest being August. With the precarious situation of all employees at S.M. I have asked managment to consider me when it comes time to make the tough choice of who stays and who goes. It was a hard decision. Harder than I had ever thought it would be given that I have been dying to spend more quality time with my little girl. I agonized over this decision for several months, but I believe, that this will truly make all of us very happy. A part of me wonders if I am doing the right thing? Will I miss my career? Will a part of me fade away? Will I miss that part of me? Will I be bored? Will we be OK financially? All questions I can't answer until I make that leap. Time will tell...wish us luck!

Plus, how could you not want to see this face every second of every day?

4 comments:

L said...

congrats, kris! that's an exciting decision!!

Jessie said...

Rewarding, intense, creative, demanding, frustrating, interesting, fulfilling, exhausting, .... full-time, stay-at-home motherhood!

The DeBolt Family said...

Way to go! I am sure it was a difficult decision, but I think you made the right one! Full time motherhood is pure joy....most of the time! haha!

Sarah, Adam & Addy said...

Good for you!!!! I think you will be glad you did. From my experience, there will be times when you may feel bored, frustrated, lost, doubting, alone, etc. However, the great moments and ability to soak up all of the time when she is young will far outweigh everything else! You can always pick up the phone to laugh, cry or vent! In the blink of an eye, this time will pass and there is a lifetime of opportunities to work (out of the house)!!