Thursday, April 17, 2008

VCUG

Well, we have finally scheduled the VCUG after several attempts at numerous different hospitals. We started out trying to get an appointment at Children's Hospital of DC, but they were booked solid until Memorial Day, which doesn't help us much since we will have moved to CA by then. We tried Fairfax Inova and they too were booked solid until after we had moved. We decided to go back to where Lacy had her first ultrasound and where she was born at Virginia Hospital Center. We scheduled her appointment for April 29th, the day after her first round of shots! The poor girl will have a traumatic week and it just about breaks my heart to have to do that to her, but its the only appointment time that we could get. I think Ryan will have to be the strong one on this b/c I am already nervous for her. I know its for the best, but just the thought of her having any pain or discomfort caused by her parents is hard to take.

Anyway, many of you have asked so I wanted to let you know that the day and time have been set. Keep your fingers crossed that we won't have to go back for any further tests.

We had our first of 10 nights away from Ryan and his midnight diaper changes. It wasn't as smooth as we had hoped. Lacy was up at 1am, 2am, 4am, 5am and 6am! I suffered from a massive headache all day yesterday and into last night so it was not a good night for either Lacy or I. I think she is a bit messed up between her days and nights so we worked on correcting that today and she is doing really well. We will see how tonight goes.

No comments: