Sunday, March 29, 2009

Walking on St. Patty's


So, when most are falling down drunk and staggering about looking like they just learned to walk Lacy decided to take her first major steps! I went out to take our trash to the curb while Lacy was absorbed in her books. When I came back up to our door she was standing about 2 feet away. With a big grin on her face she took the 6 steps necessary to get to me and we laughed and laughed at her new milestone complete!

For those keeping tabs....the winner of the 'walking contest' is..........SEAN! Congrats to my brother (and the youngest in the contest) for picking the closest date. He had 3/20 and she walked 3/17. Nice work Sean!

In the time since then we have seen Lacy walk only a handful of times. She would much prefer to crawl as she is very cautious. She surprised me and her entire Kindermusik class 2 weeks ago by walking 13 steps across the room TWICE! Ryan had started to not believe me that Lacy could walk until he saw it with his own eyes this Friday when we let her walk around the sidewalks of Sausalito. She loves her new freedom, but really only cares to walk when there is something she REALLY wants to see. Otherwise crawling works just fine for our little shy timid girl. (hmmmm....wonder where that comes from?)

As I type, Lacy is out hiking with her Dad while Mom continues to be dominated by the powers of the corporate world. I have to admit a side of me is hoping we get bought out and I get laid off. Of course, in this economy I know I shouldn't be wishing for that, but man oh man do I want to spend my days with Lacy doing all the fun things there are to do out here. I would love to give her my undivided attention every single day. Only time will tell.

We are gearing up for several family visits this Spring. We start with Ryan's parents, followed directly by my mom, and then at the end of May come Ryan's brother, their two little girls and sister in law pregnant with twins! A busy but fun Spring ahead of us!

2 comments:

Sarah, Adam & Addy said...

I love the new pic and her stylish Tea outfit! I am literally dying to see her walk! Let's get some video going =)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see her walking on the beach this summer! She needs exposure to the Jersey Shore to get her immune system up haha. Have fun w/ Mom & Dad next week!