Before I go into Lacy's first foray with rice cereal (next post) I wanted to chat about our 5 day visit with Sarah, Adam and Addison. We had a great time. They came in Thursday morning and Lacy got to see Addison for a bit at Adam's aunt and uncle's house in Larkspur. The girls were definitely more aware of each other than the last time when they were about 2 1/2-3 months old. This time they were more curious and Addison (who is moving around like a pro) reached out several times to grab at Lacy (it looked like she was trying to hug Lacy!).
Friday Adam's aunt and uncle offered to babysit both the girls so that we could all get a bit of a break. I was really really nervous as this was the ONLY time that we had ever left Lacy with anyone other than family. Not to mention, Tom and Stevie were going to have both girls and that is a lot of work. Needless to say, we packed Lacy up, handed her off, and walked out the door. I was so nervous that I forgot to say goodbye to Lacy and had to walk back in as I couldn't leave without a hug and kiss. We met up with Adam's cousin Katie and her boyfriend Drew downtown and went to Umami (a great sushi restaurant in Marina). The food, drinks and conversation were hilarious although we always turned back to the girls and funny stories about them.
**NOTE: We made a pact before dinner to not bore the couple with no kids about our life now--it was broken within the first 10 minutes!**
We were back to pick up the girls by 11pm and they were both sleeping like babies. ;) We didn't know how Lacy would do with waking her up mid-sleep and driving her home and then putting her back down. We didn't have to worry...she was a champ. She did GREAT for Tom and Stevie, so well that they have offered their services should we need them again!
On Saturday Sarah and Adam came into Sausalito and we ordered a great light Italian lunch from a little cafe down the street and we put the girls down for naps. When they woke up we ventured up into the Marin Headlands and drove in and around the national park area. It was beautiful. We stopped at several lookouts in and around the bay and our final stop was atop the hill right above the Golden Gate Bridge. Talk about beautiful views! It was absolutely breathtaking and we got wonderful shots with the girls--well, it was a bit windy and the pictures reflect that! That night we ordered in Chinese food and celebrated Adam's 31st with a cake and a hilarious round of "Loaded Questions" while the girls slept.
Sunday, Ryan and Adam went to an A's game in Oakland (the Giants were away) and Sarah and I did what we do best when we are together and that is shop. I took Sarah to an outdoor mall (probably one of the nicest malls I have been to) in Corte Madera. All the shops you could possibly want in a really cute outdoor setting. Great for kids and mom's with strollers (no tricky escalators and ridiculous crowds). After our shopping excursion we went our separate ways and met up with them again back at Tom and Stevie's house in Larkspur. Tom and Stevie had invited us over for a BBQ/Bday party for Adam. Lacy was a ham the whole night and had everyone in stitches and we even got more babysitting offers from Adam's cousin. It was a very fun night and we had a really good weekend with them.
I was lucky enough to get Monday off and I met Sarah in Larkspur and we headed to downtown Mill Valley to check out a really cute kids store. It was very cute, but VERY pricey! I don't think that Lacy needs a $45 onesie that she will never wear again in about 2 weeks. Regardless, it was a nice day and a really cute town and Lacy enjoyed getting out and about and trying out her 'big girl' stroller for the first time.
It was great to have Sarah and Adam in town and we already miss them as they embark on their next adventure to Seattle. Addison is already a pro at flying having been to Iowa, San Fran and now Seattle. I only hope Lacy is as good as Addison on the flight to Wisconsin!!! Fingers crossed.
1 comment:
Kris, Ryan and Lacy,
Thanks for having our little fam out to visit! We loved spending time with the 3 of you and had so much fun talking about the girls, shopping (of course) and just hanging out at your awesome new digs! Lacy is an absolute charmer and is getting more adorable by the day (if that is even possible)!
Love,
Sarah
Post a Comment